Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rendezvous with Bi-cycle

Image088

When I was a kid, say 2nd Standard /3rd Standard (7 or 8 years old), very fond of bicycles. Naturally Father’s cycle was out of bounds. Hence, we needed to rent the cycle from the cycle shop. Those days cycle shop used to be for renting as well as repairing (Maintenance) work. Cycles were properly numbered. So, I got INR 0.25 (25 paisa) from my mother, once Father had gone to the work during the vacation. It was a great feeling. First few days, mostly just pushing the cycle. After a week, I did the monkey pedaling. That means, the legs were in between the triangular frame pedaling and not sitting. Then came the day when I climbed above the frame and sat on the seat. My goodness – What an achievement. Here comes the real experience. With excitement, I was riding very fast. As usual, when we need certain things, that fails without a hint. The brake failed and I ended up in a bush of thorns. My mother had to search my back for the remaining of the thorns. Even after that rendezvous, I used to rent the cycle till I got my own. I got bi-cycle for my own purpose when I started to attend my college. That was when I turned 18 Years old and most importantly my Father got a new cycle.

Bicycle

The last time I took the luxury of riding the cycle most recently is 2 years before when I presented to my son for getting 3rd Rank in his 3rd Standard.

4 comments:

  1. It is a best rememberance of old memories. I hope almost every one of us might have similar experience. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, only the place and time may change. The experience remains. Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. எனக்கும் வந்துபோனது என் சின்ன வயது சைக்கிள் பழகிய தருணங்கள்...நான் வாடகைக்கு சைக்கிள் எடுக்கிறப்ப Re.1 / Hours ஆக இருந்தது..இப்போ எவ்வளவுன்னு தெரியல....நல்ல அனுபவப் பகிர்வு...

    அப்பறம் மூன்றாவது ரேங்க் எடுத்ததுக்கே சைக்கிள் present பண்ணியிருக்கீங்க...அதுவும் நல்ல விஷயம்தான்..உங்க பையனுக்கு எனதுவாழ்த்துக்கள்....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Balaji,
    It is not a prerequisite for giving a cycle. It is a fictious reason to borrow time and give a target to perform something to get a material. To indirectly explain the values of hardwork.

    ReplyDelete

Photography

 Beginning of Photo Blogging from today 11th October 2021